Ok...I'm writing this post in hopes that someone will read it and be able to give me some advice and guidance concerning where to go from here. This is an extremely personal situation that I would never normally write about, but I would love to hear from anyone who has gone through something similar. I will try to leave out the gory details and just stick to the important info....here goes nothin...
In September of '09 I found out I was pregnant. Cash was turning one and they would have been just under 2 years apart. Needless to say I was excited. Unfortunately between 8 and 9 weeks I started spotting early one morning. I went right into the doctor and was relieved when we saw on the internal ultrasound that the baby was fine and the heart was still beating strong. They told me it was a threatened miscarriage, but the fact that the heart was beating reduced the odds of a miscarriage by a lot. So I went home and tried not to worry, but within a few hours the bleeding became heavier. I started feeling slightly crampy and a few hours after that I knew I had passed what would have been my baby. It was as if my body had just decided to reject this growing baby all at once and didn't know how to sustain it. It was absolutely devastating and I was a wreck. The only thing that made me feel slightly better was the doctor telling me that having ONE miscarriage is perfectly normal and it did not mean there was anything wrong with me or that I would have another. I knew I would try again but need a while to heal from what had happened.
Fast-forward to 2 1/2 weeks ago. Ben and I had decided to start "trying" the month before and were so excited to find out we were already prego. I was feeling happy but really anxious considering what had happened before. I was stressing myself out about doing everything perfectly so that the baby would have the best chance of, for lack of a better word, survival. Then, two nights ago, I saw that I was spotting again. I had been concerned because two days earlier I woke up feeling different than I had been. I wasn't feeling sick like I had been in the morning, I didn't have tenderness in my chest like I had and my stomach seemed flat again. I tried not to stress until I saw the spotting. It was friday evening, which made me so mad, because I wasn't able to get into an OB for the weekend. I decided to wait it out for the night to see if anything changed. Of course it only worsened, I never slept, and by the morning I was full on bleeding and cramping. I decided to go to the ER to get an ultrasound just to be sure. The cramping was much more intense this time and I was in a lot of pain. They did the ultrasound and some blood tests and told me my HCG levels were much lower then they should be. They also told me it was definitely a miscarriage and my uterus was almost completely cleared out. I knew this would be the case, but it was still painful to hear.
So here I am, counting down the minutes until I can get into the OB this week, hoping for any information about where to go from here. Sorry for the depressing tone of this post, but i'm hopeful I will get this all worked out and I know the best way to get things turned around is to learn from others experiences......
Thanks to all those who have shown support and concern! I will definitely have some happier posts coming soon..... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sure you have no idea who I am, but I cheered with Jamie in high school, so hopefully this isn't to creepy that I am commenting! I have had a total of 5 miscarriages, so I completely know what you are going through! When we started trying to have a baby, I would get preg fairly quickly (within a month or two)I would carry the baby 12 weeks, and then miscarry! I had 4 miscarriages before I was finally able to have my first daughter! From my experience, most doctors won't do much testing until you have had 3 or more miscarriages(not what you want to hear, I know)! After running a bunch of blood work, I was given progesterone suppositories to use throughout the first 16 to 20 weeks of being preg. Apparently my body was not making enough progesterone to support the pregnancy until the placenta takes over at about 16 weeks. Maybe you could ask your OB about that?? After baby #1, it took quite a while for me to get preg with #2. I was seeing a specialist who ran more tests and diagnosed me with a blood clotting disorder called M.T.H.F.R The blood disorder can also cause miscarriages in early pregnancy. When I finally got preg with #2, I was back on the progesterone and I was also using baby aspirin everyday to thin my blood. I had another miscarriage after #2, but quickly got preg with baby #3. After a long road, I am now the mother to 3 beautiful girls!! I know that this is not an easy thing to go through, especially when you have no answers! I hope that some of what I have said will help. You are not alone!! I wish you the best!
Sorry, I was going to sign that so you would know who I was.
Tiffany(Cowley)Ginocchio
Thanks TIffany, of course I know who you are! That information is very helpful and it's good to know that it has worked out for you. I will talk to my doc about these possibilities...thanks so much for commenting
I'm sorry Andrea! The Doc's will get it worked out soon I'm sure!!!
I'm so sorry! I had a miscarriage after my 2nd. We weren't trying to get pregnant, so it was different...but I do know that it is so hard on you physically, and mostly emotionally.
I was going to suggest asking about progesterone. I know a lot of people who have had multiple miscarriages. If they do the progesterone as soon as they find out they are expecting it helps SO much. I know every situation is very different, but just ask about it.
I'm sure this doesn't really help, but I hope you get answers soon!
Post a Comment